Daniel Johns Has 5 New Records To Out Next Year




Unknown | November 23, 2016 - 8:30 pm
Photo Credit: Hugh Stewart/Vogue Australia
Former Silverchair frontman’s Daniel Johns has got a solo album, Talk, debuted last year and recently revealed there is plenty more where that came from. Johns told Lindsay McDougall, the Australian’s radio Double J presenter on his recent podcast with McDougall on the radio segment’s the J Files. “There’s a lot of things going on at the moment,” he says. “I’ve just got on this really OCD trip at the moment and just making sure that all of the next five records are ready to go in a year. It seems like I’m doing nothing but I’m doing a lot.” “They’re all completely different,” he says of the new material. “I’ve got a record with Luke Steele coming really soon. I've got another record coming with Jake (Meadows) who plays harp in the Talk band. Another record coming with another guy who I literally met a week ago. And, obviously, I would really love to do another solo record.” In last August, Johns has teased the long overdue collaboration with Empire Of The Sun leader Luke Steele on his Instagram post with a vintage pic of himself and Steele with the caption: “Early DREAMS cumin soon.”

Listen the full podcast via Double J below where Johns talked Silverchair story.



Tags: , , , , , ,

Leave A Comment